Yellowstone National Park
World's Largest Collection of Geysers
Yellowstone is the world's first national park. The park was established in 1872 by the United States Congress "for the preservation of" its many wonders and "for the enjoyment of the people," and now encompasses 2.2 million acres. The more than three million people from around the world who visit Yellowstone each year experience something more powerful than its founders ever envisioned.
Plan your trip to Yellowstone Park and experience...
- Old Faithful, along with over 300 other geysers and hot springs (more than the rest of the world combined)
- The largest concentration of free-roaming wildlife in the lower 48 states, including grizzly bear, elk, American bison, moose and wolf.
- Three of the world's top trout-fishing streams
- National Historic Landmarks such as the Old Faithful Inn and the grand Roosevelt Arch
- The only place in the world where a wild bison herd has survived continuously since prehistoric times
- Bicycling, Boating, Camping and Hiking opportunities from the tame to the extreme
For more information on Yellowstone Park including interactive maps, webcams, online tours, and more go the official Yellowstone Park website.
Lodging reservations in Yellowstone Park (including camping areas) are handled through Xanterra Parks and Resorts.